Saturday, June 20, 2015

Gratitude

Everyday there is something to be grateful for!  "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24). 

Be grateful in all circumstances!!!  "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; he love endures forever." (Psalm 107:1)

Even during adversity there are things to be grateful for.  

I am grateful for:

**family and friends (and customers who've become like family and friends).

**Hockessin Fire Company was having an event in the neighborhood Danny was working in on the day of the accident. 

**Dan was medavaced to the ER.  I can't help but wonder if road closures due to President Obama's visit to the State of Delaware had something to do with it.  

**an employee who told someone to call 911, told Danny NOT to move, and opened Danny's jaw because he was gasping for breath.  

**for the countless doctors, nurses, and techs who took such great care of Danny!

**my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for being the first people to get to the ER.

**for my sister-in-law for texting/calling me while I was in NYC because Danny didn't want to ruin my day out to see a broadway show.  That's the kind of guy Danny is--always thinking of others even when he is in excruciating pain.  

**for a husband that loves me that much!!!

**for my sister, who stood by my side from the moment I found out about the accident. And, for all her medical expertise that was such a comfort because she was able to explain all that medical stuff.

**for my mom for letting the dogs out, feeding them, and just spending time with them so they would't have to be in crates unnecessarily.  

**for God protecting Danny in his fall!  Yes, you read that right!!!  For God's Protection in his fall!!!  Dan's injuries could have been much, much worse!!!  


Humbly staying grateful,
Maria, Dan's Wife