Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Fitted for Back Brace



This afternoon, Dan was fitted for a back brace.

He stood up, and was transferred from the bed to an occupational chair, and is now sitting up!!

Oxygen levels are up.

Oxygen mask was removed and placed on nasal tube.

Loopy.

Changing his pain meds--PCA not working for him because he wouldn't press the button.

Eating a little more.

Still making jokes.

Told me the occupational therapist was making him do sit ups.  WHAT??!!!  Took me a minute to understand.  He meant his incentive spirometer--felt like he was doing sit ups!

Someone said to me "at least I can laugh."  I have to laugh, and keep a positive attitude--for Danny!!! There is nothing I can do to change what happened. Don't get me wrong--I cried--a lot--at home--in private!!!  Cried out to God.  Poured my heart out to God.  "Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:8